1) Who is India’s first Woman Grand Master in Chess ?
Ans- Koneru Humpy
2) During the Mughal period, which one of the following were the first to come to India as traders ?Ans- Portuguese
3) Who among the following Delhi Sultans is known for introducing market control mechanism ?
Ans- Alauddin Khalji
4) Which one of the following mountain peaks of the Himalayas is NOT in India ?
5) The creator of Sherlock Holmes’ was
Ans- Arthur Conan Doyle
6) The Parliament of Afghanistan is
7) India first took part of the Olympic Games in the year
8) The largest coal producing state in India is
9) Days and Nights are equal throughout the globe when the sun is above
10) Which one of the following was an associated state of India before becoming a full fledged state ?Ans – Sikkim
11) Railway is a subject on the
Ans- Union list
12) How many times the President of India can seek re-election to his post ?
Ans – Any number of times
14) Which of the following gases is used for refrigeration ?
Ans – Ammonia
15) Who is called the Flying Sikh of India ?
Ans – Milkha Singh
16) Nobel Prizes are distributed annually at
17) The first satellite to be sent into space was
18) The book ‘A wounded civilisation’ was written by
Ans- V. S. Naipaul
19) Ajanta paintings depict scenes from the
20) The President rule of a state can be continued for a maximum period of
Ans- 6 month