Area 1. Short title, degree and beginning.
(1) This Act might be known as The Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act, 1956.
(2) It reaches out to the entire of India.
(3) This area should come into power without a moment’s delay; and the remaining procurements of this come into power on such date as the Central Government might, by warning in the official Gazette delegate.
Area 2. Definitions.
In this Act, unless the setting generally requires-
(a) “Sibling” incorporates any house, room, transport or put, or any segment of any house, room, movement or spot, which is utilized for purposes of sexual misuse or mishandle for the addition of someone else or for the common increase of two or more whores;
(aa) “Youngster’ means a man who has not finished the age of sixteen years;
(b) “Remedial organization” implies a foundation, by whatever name called (being an establishment built up or authorized accordingly under Section 21), in which persons, who need amendment, might be confined under this Act, and incorporates a haven where under trials might be kept in compatibility of this Act;
(c) “Judge” implies a Magistrate determined in the second segment of the Schedule as being skilled to practice the forces gave by the area in which the expression happens and which is indicated in the primary segment of the Schedule;
(ca) “Real” means a man who has finished the age of eighteen years;
(cb) “Minor” means a man who has finished the age of sixteen years however has not finished the age of eighteen years;
(d) “Endorsed’ implies recommended by principles made under this Act;
(e) 1[* * *].
(f) “Prostitution” implies the sexual misuse or mishandle of persons for business purposes, and the expression “prostitute” should be translated in like manner;
(g) “Defensive home” means an organization, by whatever name called (being a foundation set up or authorized accordingly under Section 21), in which persons who need consideration and insurance, might be kept under this Act and where proper actually qualified persons, types of gear and different offices have been given however does exclude, –
(i) An asylum where undertrials might be kept in compatibility of this Act, or
(ii) A remedial foundation;
(h) “Open spot” implies wherever planned for use by, or available to, people in general and incorporates any open transport;
(i) “Extraordinary cop” implies a cop delegated by or for the benefit of the State Government to be accountable for police obligations inside of a predetermined zone with the end goal of this Act;
(j) “Trafficking cop” implies a cop delegated by the Central Government under sub-area (4) of Section 13.
1. Sub-area (e) radiated by Act No 46 of 1978.
Area 2-A. Guideline of development in regards to institutions not reaching out to Jammu and Kashmir.
Any reference in this Act to a law which is not in drive in the State of Jammu and Kashmir might in connection to that State, be understood as a kind of perspective to the relating law, if any, in power in that State.
Segment 3. Discipline for keeping a whorehouse or permitting premises to be utilized as a massage parlor.
(1) Any individual who keeps or oversees, or acts or helps with the keeping or administration of, a whorehouse, might be culpable on first conviction with thorough detainment for a term of at least one year and not over three years furthermore with fine which might stretch out to two thousand rupees and in the case of a second or consequent to conviction with thorough detainment for a term of at least two years and not over five years furthermore with fine which might reach out to two thousand rupees.
(2) An any individual who, –
(a) Being the inhabitant, resident, occupier or individual responsible for any premises, utilizes, or purposely permits some other individual to utilize, such premises or any part thereof as a massage parlor, or
(b) Being the proprietor, lessor or landowner of any premises or the specialists of such proprietor, lessor or proprietor, lets the same or any part thereof with the learning that the same or any part thereof is planned to be utilized as a whorehouse, or is wilfully a gathering to the utilization of such premises or any part thereof as a massage parlor, might be culpable on first conviction with detainment for a term which might stretch out to two years and with fine which fine which might reach out to two thousand rupees and in the case of a second or ensuing conviction, with thorough detainment for a term which might stretch out to five years furthermore with fine.
(2-A) For the reasons of sub-segment (2), it might be assumed, until the opposite is demonstrated, that any individual alluded to in proviso (an) or statement (b) of that subsection, is intentionally permitting the premises or any part thereof to be utilized as a house of ill-repute or, as the case might be, has learning that the premises or any part thereof are being utilized as a massage parlor, if, –
(an) A report is distributed in a daily paper having dissemination in the zone in which such individual lives such that the premises or any part thereof have been observed to be utilized for prostitution as a consequence of a hunt made under this Act; or
(b) A duplicate of the rundown for goodness’ sake found amid the inquiry alluded to in statement (an) is given to such individual.
(3) Notwithstanding anything contained in some other law until further notice in power, on conviction of any individual alluded to in statement (an) or provision (d) of sub-area (2) of any offense under that sub-segment in appreciation of any premises or any part thereof, any lease or assention under which such premises have been rented out or held or possessed at the season of the commission of the offense, should get to be void and defective with impact from the date of the said conviction.
Segment 4. Discipline for living on the profit of prostitution.
(1) Any individual beyond eighteen years old years who intentionally lives, entirely or to some degree, on the profit of the prostitution of whatever other individual should be culpable with detainment for a term which might stretch out to two years, or with fine which might reach out to one thousand rupees, or with both, and where such income identify with the prostitution of a youngster or a minor, should be culpable with detainment for a term of at least seven years and not over ten years.
(2) Where any individual beyond eighteen years old years is demonstrated, –
(a) To be living with, or to be chronically in the organization of, a whore; or
(b) To have practiced control, heading or impact over the developments of a whore in such a way as to demonstrate that such individual is supporting abetting or convincing her prostitution; or
(c) To be going about as a tout or pimp for the benefit of a whore, it might be assumed, until the opposite is demonstrated, that such individual is intentionally living on the income of prostitution of someone else inside of the significance of sub-segment (1).
Area 5. Securing, impelling or taking individual for the purpose of prostitution.
(1) Any individual who-
(a) Procures or endeavors to get a man whether with or without his/her assent, with the end goal of prostitution; or
(b) Induces a man to go from wherever, with the aim that he/she might with the end goal of prostitution turn into the detainee of, or successive, a massage parlor; or
(c) Takes or endeavors to take a man or causes a man to be taken, starting with one place then onto the next with a perspective to his/her going ahead, or being raised to bear on prostitution; or
(d) Causes or impels a man to bear on prostitution; should be culpable on conviction with thorough detainment for a term of at least three years and not over seven years furthermore with fine which might reach out to two thousand rupees, and if any offense under this sub-area is submitted against the will of any individual, the discipline of detainment for a term of seven years should stretch out to detainment for a term of fourteen years:
Given that if the individual in appreciation of whom an offense submitted under this sub-area, –
(i) Is a tyke, the discipline gave under this sub-segment should stretch out to thorough detainment for a term of at the very least seven years yet might reach out to life; and
(ii) Is a minor; the discipline gave under this sub-area should stretch out to thorough detainment for a term of at least seven years and not over fourteen years.